Friday, September 27, 2013

Daily Nugget

     Friday, September 27th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

“Money never stays with me. It would burn me if it did. I throw it out of my hands as soon as possible, lest it should find its way to my heart” (John Wesley).

God did not say, “Money is the root of all evil"; He said, "love of money is the root of all evil” (1Timothy 6:10). John Wesley knew his own heart. He knew the temptations he would face with money and did not want it to come between him and God.

Love of money is not the only temptation known to man. Many are not only tempted by money to turn away from God but also tempted by many other ways: entertainment, drugs, alcohol, even vocation, and a myriad of other things.

God, keep my heart pure and turned toward You. Help me to throw temptation out of my hands and out of my life as soon as possible to keep it from finding its way into my heart. Amen.

Bro. Bill

In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page