Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Daily Nugget

   Tuesday, September 24th, 2013.  Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

“Gardens are not made by singing, 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade” (Rudyard Kipling).

Every time I look at a well-kept garden, I am reminded of an old-timer whose garden was so beautiful and weed-free I had to stop and ask, “What do you use on your ground to keep the weeds out?”

He replied, “Cotaran.”

When I told him I had never heard of that, he said, “Let me show you my Cotaran.” He went to his shed and pulled out a well-worn hoe. “Let me introduce you to Cotaran," he said. “I use Cotaran to cotaran this and cotaran that until all the weeds are gone.” 

The same is true in our lives. It takes work to keep out the weeds that want to choke out the beauty God wants to sow in our lives. The Apostle Paul gives us this advice: “Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Galatians 6:9) .

God, help us to be diligent in eliminating those things that keep us from allowing Your beauty to shine in our life. Amen.

Bro. Bill
In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page