Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Being straight isn’t a guarantee of having a healthy, shiny, pre-integrated sexuality"

A good read from Brutally Honest.

I’m so used to being gay and Catholic, I forget how strange that sounds.
I forget that, for some people, “homosexual” describes something like a different race, or maybe even SteveGershoma different gender. I forget that some Christians think I’m the worst kind of pervert (but a pervert they have to treat nicely), and some secularists think I’m the worst kind of hypocrite; the former because I’m sexually attracted to men, and the latter because I don’t do anything about it.
Read the last part again. Yes, I’m attracted to men; no, I don’t sleep with them, for the same reason that a lot of Catholics don’t sleep with people they’re not married to. But you’d be surprised how often people hear the first part (gay) and not the second (celibate) — even though the second is the only part that’s up to me.

Follow the top link for the whole post.  Very worthwhile!

xtnyoda, shalomed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page