Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daily Nugget


Thursday, March 29th, 2012.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


A revival swept through the university at Princeton, New Jersey. Aaron Burr came to the president of the university and said, “Mr. president, I have made up my mind to consider the claims of Christ. Now, Mr. President, what would you do?” And the old president of the university gave him this advice: “Burr, if I were you, I would wait until the excitement of the revival had subsided, and then I would think it out carefully.” Aaron Burr bowed his head a moment, and then he said, “Mr. President, that is exactly what I will do.” It is stated as a fact that never again in his life did he express a desire to be a Christian, and they say he died without such an expression.
How sad to receive such bad advice. The apostle Paul gave the opposite advice to Agrippa in Acts 26:28, and this is the result of that conversation:
“Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.”
And we see Paul’s response in verse 29 with these words:
“I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am.”
Even sadder to get good advice and not take it….

"God, give us wisdom daily for our decisions.
Amen."

Bro. Bill

God is Good... All the time!

I am thankful to know this Awesome God!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page