Monday, February 13, 2012

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I remember when I was in elementary school there was a pretty girl whose desk was two rows over from mine. She had long blond hair that she wore in a ponytail.

On Valentine’s Day we all exchanged cards. I spent hours looking through all the cards to find just the right one to put her name on. On the card it said, Be My Valentine Always! I signed my name and put lots of X’s and O’s on the card. The next day when she opened the card she looked at me and smiled. Even with a missing front tooth – she was beautiful!

For the next two weeks we were in love. We sat together in lunch and even held hands. It was wonderful. But, then she decided she liked Tommy better, and my heart was broken. I thought I would die.

Sometimes human love doesn’t last. But I’m so glad that God’s love does - it is eternal. The LORD said,
"I have loved you with an everlasting love." (Jer. 32:3)
And in Romans we read,
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? . . . Nothing in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 8:35-39)
I want you to know that God will never change His mind about loving you. He wants to be your Valentine forever. Will you accept His love today?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page