Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One statement anchored me




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.


Barbara speaks today about ... an anchor ...


It wasn't exactly advice, but a statement that really lodged in my heart. I lost my son, my only child, when he was 18. After an annual remembrance Mass for him, my priest and I were talking, and he said, "You're still a mother." ... Somehow that one quiet sentence has lived in my heart. I don't know how it is for others, but losing my only child left me feeling adrift; I'd been a mom, but now my child was dead ... so who was I? In some way known only to God, that one statement anchored me back in myself.
Barbara
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Barbara, and all who have lost a child. I pray that each one will find their anchor ... that reminds them of their worth ... and privilege.
xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page