Saturday, August 27, 2011

The truth has slapped me in the face




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.



Jean speaks today about the cruelty of losing one to death ...

"No one gave me advice. People are most cruel. I lost all my birth family but one sister before I was 22, but I never experienced such grief until I lost my 30 year old son whom I had cared for most of his life. Besides all I was taught i...n church and Bible College, I have come to realize the truth to 'the circle of life'. I don't like it. I wish my son and I could live together forever, same for my daughter and I. But the truth has slapped me in the face....we will all die sooner or later. It is just more unexpected, less accepted, and more painful when it is your child that dies before you do. It is against the 'natural order of life' and therefore makes us very, very angry. I live for my daughter and the fact that she may yet someday need me once in awhile. I love and miss you, David L., 1979-2009 .... my baby boy forever."
Jean
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Jean, and all who have lost a child. I pray that they will find the strength to stand ... in spite of the sorrow.

xtnyoda, shalomed


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page