Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our life change was abrupt and brutal




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.



Carolyn speaks today about changing relationships after the loss of a child ...

"From another grieving parent - that my relationships would change and some would end because everything is different for us now, we are different, but that it is okay - and it is no one's fault. I love my friends and family, so on top of al...l of the pain of losing my son I was upset because I felt some of my relationships were going to have to change or end, and I felt guilty because I really couldn't dredge up the energy to stop this from happening. But when I heard this advice I felt relieved of this additional burden. We all change over time and relationships ebb and wane, but the changes are usually much more gradual. But our life change was abrupt and brutal, but a change nonetheless, and our relationships must adjust - and there's no need to feel guilty."
Carolyn

Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Carolyn, and all who have lost a child. Help them all to know that losing a child changes ... their life ... forever. And ... that includes their friends ... and that's just the way it is. With the loss of a child ... there are just some things that must be let go.
xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page