Sunday, August 07, 2011

Daily Nugget


Sunday, August 7th, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


At some point in my life someone told me it was unlucky to pick up a coin where the ‘tail’ side was showing opposed to the ‘heads’ side. Later someone told me to look on each coin and notice every one of them says, “In God we Trust.” Since that time each coin I find goes into a jar to be used for missions. Each time I stoop to pick up the coin it is reminder of God’s provision for me.
I can’t count the many ways God has got my attention with a coin on the ground. One day I forgot where I parked the truck and walked to the opposite end of the parking lot only to remember where I left my truck. As I was beating myself up over the extra steps I found not one, but three coins as I went back to the truck. The reminder came through loud and clear as that day I needed the reminder that God is in control. The writer of Proverbs 3:5-6 puts it this way,
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
"God, Thank You for Your daily direction.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is Good...all the time

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page