Monday, August 08, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

One day this past week I was in the Men's Room in a local business. I turned out the light as I left the bathroom and I heard someone say, "Hey, turn the light back on." I didn't know anyone else was in there.

That got me to thinking; when I leave a room or an area does it get darker? Or, to turn it around; when I enter a room does it get lighter? In other words, what influence does my presence have on the environment that I'm in? Do I bring light?

Should I be expected to make the world I inhabit a brighter place? Is that really my responsibility? Jesus told us two things about this. First He said in John 8,
"I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won't be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life." (John 8:12)
He also said to each of us who call ourselves Christians,
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
(Matthew 5:14-16)
Question - What kind of a change does your coming or going make in this dark world? What kind of influence are you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page