Sunday, July 31, 2011

Daily Nugget


Sunday, July 31st, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


During the early days of the Civil War, a Union soldier was arrested on charges of desertion. Unable to prove his innocence, he was condemned and sentenced to die a deserter’s death. His appeal found its way to the desk of Abraham Lincoln. The President felt mercy for the soldier and signed a pardon. The soldier returned to service, fought the entirety of the war, and was killed in the last battle. Found within his breast pocket was the signed letter of the President. Close to the heart of the soldier were his leader’s words of pardon. This soldier found courage in the grace he had received.

Many of us find the courage to serve in the King of Kings army as the result of the grace we received on the old rugged cross. The apostle Paul voiced it this way in I Corinthians 15:10:
“But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.”

"God, Your grace is sufficient to lead me on.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is Good...all the time

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page