Sunday, May 15, 2011

Daily Nugget


Sunday, May 15th, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


By making a lot of religious din, we assure our faltering hearts that everything is well, and, conversely, we suspect silence and regard it as a proof that the meeting is “dead.”
(A. W. Tozer 1897–1963)

We try to hurry and "worship," cramming music, praise, and proclamation into the short time of our worship services. The other day saw in a service they were observing a moment of silence. It was not a minute of silence, it was hardly 15 seconds. I know, because I counted it in my head. Enjoy the words of the writer of Psalms 46:8-10,
“Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

"God, let me live for You in a way that brings honor to You."

Bro. Bill

God is Love! Let us reflect that love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page