Sunday, April 10, 2011

Daily Nugget


Sunday, April 10th, 2011.


Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


“The dearest idol I have known, Whate’er that idol be, Help me to tear it from its throne, And worship only thee.”
(William Cowper 1731–1800)

The fourth verse of the song, "I Must Tell Jesus," by Elisha A. Hoffman, says, “O how the world to evil allures me! O how my heart is tempted to sin! I must tell Jesus, and He will help me over the world the victory to win.” Any time, anything comes between us and our relationship with God, it is an idol, and as the song says, we "must tell Jesus," Jesus alone. The writer of Psalms 66:4 gives us this encouragement:
“All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.”
Let us tear down all idols--including self--to worship Jehovah God.

"God, thank You for all You are and do to allow me to come to You.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is Love! Let us reflect that love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page