Thursday, April 07, 2011

Daily Nugget


Thursday, April 7th, 2011.


Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


“The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.”
(Jesus Christ in Matthew 13:24-29)


In the fall of the year, my yard appeared to have an infestation of onions. My tendency was to mow them down, poison them, and then "nuke them and let God sort them out." To my surprise, my curiosity got the best of me, and I let them grow to maturity through the winter and into spring. The result was an interesting flower called the Grape Hyacinth, a purple, grape-shaped flower that, traditonally, when given to someone indicates you are sorry and wish to be forgiven. Through life, we find some people a little rough around the edges, but as they mature, they develop into beauty. In comparing own my life to that of the onion that became a plant of beauty, I pray my growth produces something of value.

"God, thank You for those who have nurtured me. Forgive me where I may have plucked others too early and cast them away.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is Love! Let us reflect that love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page