Tuesday, December 07, 2010



I really don't know Elizabeth Edwards... but I am praying for her today.

I think her statement in the following article is just pretty classy.



CNN report
(CNN) - Elizabeth Edwards is surrounded by family and friends in her North Carolina home after being informed by her doctors that further cancer treatment would be unproductive.

"Elizabeth has been advised by her doctors that further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive," the Edwards family said Monday in a statement. "She is resting at home with family and friends and has posted this message to friends on her Facebook page."

The message from Edwards, the wife of two-time presidential candidate John Edwards, reads:

"You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human.

"But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know."


Edwards was told by her doctors last week that additional cancer treatments were futile, said a source close to the family. Her prognosis was described in terms of weeks, not months, the source said.

She is receiving treatment and medications, however, for symptoms and side effects.

"She is not in pain, Elizabeth is in good spirits," said the source. "She has prepared for this"....

God bless her and her children for all the sorrow they have been through... and all the sorrow they will endure in the days ahead.

Join me in prayer for this very public... sorrow.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Prime said...

I share your sentiments Chuck. Her life was decided before she was born, as was all of ours. Does it really help to pray for her life to be spared? If it has been pre-ordained? I don't know.

But I have prayed that she be spared all pain and that if it is his will to take her now, that he wrap her in his loving arms and have her born up to heaven on the wings of angels.

8:18 AM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

Yes Carl... my prayers are in line with your prayers for the sparing part... sparing more pain, etc.

I think it would be fine for her ministers to pray about her physical life itself... but... that kind of praying would certainly need to be done from a complete place of recognition that we are not God's dictators... as you say... God has a will and purpose in all of this.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page