Wednesday, November 03, 2010


Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

Today, I saw a dad embarrass himself at a fast food restaurant over a charge of less than a dollar. He was so sure he had been cheated that he argued with the cashier until he saw the mistake, and then he walked off without so much as an "I’m sorry," "kiss my foot," or anything. He ran off so fast the cashier had to run him down to give him his change that amounted to more than three dollars. Naturally, they were late in getting out his order, and then had part of it wrong.

As I watched the story unfold, I was reminded of how many times this dad was given opportunities to respond correctly and how many times he failed the test. I was reminded, too, of how many times daily we not only face tests, but also we are given the test in front of an audience. Let us be able to stand firm as the writer talks about with these words in Psalms 17:3:
“You have tested my heart; You have visited by night; You have tried me and found nothing evil I have determined that my mouth will not sin.”

"God, make me aware that You are watching and care about us.
Amen."


Bro. Bill
Our God is an awesome God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page