Sunday, September 19, 2010



Sunday, September 19th, 2010. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.”
(Thomas à Kempis, c. 1380–1471)

Many times in my life I have been frustrated or even angry because of the actions of others. Sometimes the others even professed to be Christians, but their deeds were un-Christ like. In my own self-righteousness, I found my indignation rising until conviction set in, and I saw myself as I am, a sinner in need of the Savior, also. No matter how great or how small, my sin put Jesus on the cross. According to Scripture, all sin must be paid for: “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23), but praise God, the message doesn’t end there; the rest of the verse says,
“But the gift of God is eternal is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
"God, thank You for Your gift of salvation and for Your forgiveness of my sins...even when I get uppity.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is good All The Time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page