Friday, August 13, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Something very significant happened Thursday evening, August 12, 2010. One of the most compassionate and benevolent people in Russellville AR, Graduated to Glory.

Many of us have been praying for Gary Williamson. On Thursday evening God answered prayer; but not everyone's. God answered the prayer of Jesus in John 17. Jesus prayed,
"Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created."
(John 17:24)
For many weeks Gary has struggled to breathe. Now he is breathing celestial air. Gary and his wife Marilyn founded and directed the Main Street Mission (www.mainstreetmission.org ) in Russellville. Apparently his part of that work is completed. The ministry here will continue - as it must; there are still so many hungry souls. But Gary has been promoted.
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'"
(Mat. 25:23)
I doubt that few, if any, have touched as many people in Russellville - and the River Valley - as Gary. For more than 15 years, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, his life has been helping others - meeting their physical and spiritual needs. And God noticed,
"The king will answer, 'Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me.'"
(Mat. 25:40)
We had the privilege of being with him here; and we have the promise of being with him there. I count it a real honor to have known a man that demonstrated genuine Christianity as he did and I look forward to meeting Gary again.

My question for you is; if today were to be your day to stand before God, how would you measure up?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page