Sunday, March 21, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Did you know you can learn a lot from a dog? I know I have. There are things that my dog did that helped me learn some important lessons, things I really needed to know.

Take patience for example. When “Cody” wanted something, like her bed time treat, she would come and sit in front of me and just stare. She didn’t bark or throw a fit, she just sat there and looked at me. She did that because she knew I’m the one who has the treats. And, she knew that if she just sat there long enough I would give her what she wanted.

That reminds me of an incident in the Bible, Luke 10.
“The Lord and his disciples were traveling along and came to a village. When they got there, a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat down in front of the Lord and was listening to what he said. Martha was worried about all that had to be done. Finally, she went to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it bother you that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her to come and help me!" The Lord answered, "Martha, Martha! You are worried and upset about so many things, but only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen what is best, and it will not be taken away from her.”
(vs. 38-42 CEV)
Which part have you chosen? Are you so busy that you forget to just sit at the feet of Jesus? How often do you take the time to just be still and know that He is God?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page