Saturday, February 13, 2010





Reflection on the Olympic death yesterday.






I've Heard... I've Seen

I've heard the Mother's cry...
I've seen the Father die...
inside.

Another child is gone.

This one happened in Canada.
From... anyplace in the world.
Filled with life and hope...
and joy.

In an instant...
in one detestable, unexpected, and damning instant...
he's gone... she's gone...
from here...
forever.

I saw them stand in silence...
from every corner of this globe...
like soldiers called to attention...
the Honor Guard has arrived
marching through the sacred silence.
Flags wave high in the night.

I saw them stand in silence...
and respect...

and. it. was. real.

Every nation, language, kindred, faith, and tribe...
stood... in silence.
The World watched in silence...

for that one.

I Heard... the silence.
I Saw... the compassion....
it crossed every barrier...
a spark of life flashed across every barrier of man.

Shine on.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Prime said...

I saw that yesterday. Tragic. And from what I have read today, they don't intend to do much to change the conditions that led to it.

So tragic to be lost at such a young age.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Prime said...

I stand corrected. I just watched the Olympic coverage and they have lowered the start point to the women's start and they have built a plywood wall to obscure those posts at the finish.

3:09 PM  
Blogger XtnYoda said...

Didn't it look so stupid to have those pillars right next to the track!!!

And... why do they keep playing the video!!!

Just disgusting theatrics and profiteering.... if one were to ask me.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page