Friday, February 12, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again. Sunday, February 14th is Valentine’s Day. I hope you bought a card.

As the Chaplain I do a lot of marriage counseling. On more than one occasion I’ve heard someone say, “You don’t love me like you did.” That’s a painful thing, especially if it’s true. When one partner stops loving, or only loves a little, the other partner is left with a broken heart. A marriage can be ruined, a relationship torn apart. How sad, how terribly sad.

But what about when we back away from Jesus? What about when we do things that cause Him to say, ‘You don't love me like you did.’ That’s exactly what we hear Him say in Revelation chapter two. And you can hear the sadness in His voice.

Why do we find it so easy to hurt Him, to break His heart? I’m not sure I have an answer for that; but I know what His response is to us when it happens. You can read it in verse 5,
“Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.” (Revelation 2:5)
Remember and Repent. How is it with you today? Do you love the Lord as much as you used to? Maybe you do, maybe even more; I hope so. But if not, please, let this Valentine’s Day be a reminder to you, ‘remember and repent’.

I promise He’ll take you back, He always does.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page