Friday, October 16, 2009



The Chaplain's Corner

Saturday October 17th





Chaplain Paul is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Here is his current life event...

This week seems to have been a lot about death. There were multiple calls to “Un-attended Death” scenes, some natural, some are . . . still under investigation. The flu is a very serious concern. We have had lots of critical cases, and some did not survive the flu, or the complications from it.

I have dealt with half a dozen terminally ill cancer patients and conducted one funeral. Let me share a little bit about that situation. I first met this person a year or so back, they were very sick in the hospital I C U. The staff asked me to visit, and of course I did. After a few hours we got to talk seriously about their spiritual condition. I shared the Gospel and invited them to turn their life over to the Lord; and that’s what the person did. Praise the Lord! And God was gracious and granted them almost another year to stay with family and be a blessing. But the cancer finally took its toll - and they went Home.

It’s hard for us to say that death is a good thing – but the Bible says, “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.” Psalm 116:15 Let me tell you, funerals are a lot easier on the preacher when you know the person was saved.

Not having a normal ‘pulpit ministry’ in a church, I don’t get to ‘preach’ as much as I did when I was a pastor. But I can tell you without a doubt I get to share the love and grace of the Lord Jesus on a daily basis; far more than I ever did as a pastor. I see more lives touched and changed than I ever did in the church. I can’t tell you how honored I feel to be able to serve the Lord as a Chaplain; to be constantly at the point of need and to be able to offer hurting people the answer they so desperately seek.

Thank you to those of you who pray for and support this ministry. Thank you for being my partner in, “Taking God’s Love into the Crisis”.

You can contact Chaplain Paul via e-mail at crossandshield@suddenlink.net

Thanks Chap.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page