Friday, June 12, 2009

You just have to love the logic of this Egyptian Court....

crosswalk news
Policemen in Egypt Sentenced to Only Five Years for Killing

ISTANBUL (Compass Direct News) – Two policemen convicted of killing a Christian in Giza, Egypt have received only a five-year prison sentence for what lawyers are calling the cold-blooded murder of a Copt who stood up for his rights.

The Giza Criminal Court sentenced the two policemen for manslaughter on May 25 for the 2007 death of Nasser Gadallah, 39. Police say he jumped out of a window in an effort to escape, but family members who were eyewitnesses said the officers beat Gadallah and pushed him out the window in intentional murder because he was a Christian who had filed a complaint against police.

The court, however, determined Gadallah died from the officers beating him, and that they did not intend to kill him.

“The court did not punish them [more severely], because from its point of view the officers didn’t kill him,” said family lawyer Nadia Tawfeeq. “They just beat him, and when they beat him he died.” ...

Reminds me of the Arkansas judge who asked Rufus why he killed ol' Tom.

Rufus says, "I heard my chickens cluckin' and hollerin'... I looks out the window and sees ol' Tom... and hollers... "Tom! You better run cuz I'z got my gun on ye!"

Tom starts to runnin' and I levels my chamber down on him right tight and "poof"... I hits him in the left kidney, then "poof" I hits him in the right kidney...

Mr. Judge... then Ol' Tom lays down on the ground and kicks himself to death... but I didn't kill him!"

XtnYoda, shalomed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page