Tuesday, May 12, 2009






















THE FOLLOWING REPORT FIRED ME UP

Fired me up to the point that I got myself up from the computer, put my shoes back on, wadded out into the night and rain to the local store, and by golly, I bought myself a box of Cheerios! I am including a picture of me in this post with my new box. (My dear wife thinks I have lost my mind.)

I told the lady at the cash register that I was buying the Cheerios in protest to the FDA's ludicrous claim that the marketing plan amounts to selling Cheerios as a "drug."

I've had it with the federal power mongers shoving their position and power around like this. I've sent out e-mails to a few friends about my aberrant actions tonight, and I am sending this out to the world.

I would encourage you to join me for the next 30 days to eat a bowl of Cheerios every day in protest... it's the patriotic thing to do.

Tell you friends.

XtnYoda, shalomed

PS I own no stock in General Mills or any company associated with General Mills.



Drudge reported story

FDA Blasts General Mills Over Cheerios Claim
Cereal Makers Scolded Because Claim Of Lowering Cholesterol 10 Percent In Month Makes It A "Drug"

Company Fires Back: This Is About Language, Not Science

The Food and Drug Administration scolded the makers of Cheerios about the way they promote the cereal's health benefits. The FDA sent a letter of warning to General Mills accusing them of making unauthorized health claims.

Current boxes of Cheerios are touting what the company calls exciting news -- the cereal's ability to help lower cholesterol 10 percent in one month.

"My mother actually eats it every day, seven days a week for breakfast to lower her cholesterol," Staten Island resident Lauren Schwam said.

According to a letter from the FDA General Mills' advertising violates the federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. The agency said claims that Cheerios ingredients can lower cholesterol within a certain amount of time, all while providing cancer-fighting and heart-healthy benefits, essentially makes Cheerios "a drug" by their definition. And no drug in this country can be legally marketed without an approved new drug application....

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

next Chuck they will be telling us the same about green leafy fiberous veggies!!

Ackkkkk.....

I would suggest you watch the movie idiocracy, if it were not for so much bad language etc.....

7:00 AM  
Blogger jhthompson said...

I am going to get a box.....good to know that it will peel off 10%

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page