Thursday, November 17, 2005



A Look at point three from the Puritan Catechism.

[Question 3: What do the Scriptures principally teach?

Answer: The Scriptures principally teach what man is to believe concerning God, and what duty God requires of man]

It would be answered better to say, "The Scriptures principally teach that man is hopelessly lost apart from God!" Until man recognizes the pitiful state in which he is, no hope has he. To not see accurately ones self then arrogant indeed will one be. For instance the righteous one Job as an example have we! Listen to his accusation of God:

Job 30:20-21
"I cry to you, O God, but you don't answer me. I stand before you, and you don't bother to look. 21 You have become cruel toward me. You persecute me with your great power.
NLT

Then the fourth spokesman correctly responds:

Job 32:2
Then Elihu...became angry. He was angry because Job refused to admit that he had sinned and that God was right in punishing him.
NLT

What Job failed to see was that his sin was not in what he did not do or how much good he may have done...but his sin was in what he was! Like all of the human race was he...a sinner before the Holy. So the Holy One to Job did speak:

Job 40:1-5
Then the LORD said to Job, 2 "Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God's critic, but do you have the answers?" 3 Then Job replied to the LORD, 4 "I am nothing--how could I ever find the answers? I will put my hand over my mouth in silence. 5 I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say."
NLT

And, the Holy One could finally teach this 'righteous' man when at last his mouth was shut! And speak God did of God! Until finally Job could see something of the One when he at last saw he himself:

Job 42:5-6
"I had heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. 6 I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."
NLT

Not until Job saw who he was, and wasn't, did he begin to 'see God'.

Look first to see the beam in one's own eye before one dare to speak of seeing or learning of God.

XtnYoda Shalomed


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page