Monday, March 04, 2013

From the Desert Rat

  The Desert Rat speaks on ...
... the anti-cross.
  “O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn My glory into shame, loving vanity, and seeking lies?” (Psalm 4:2, Geneva Bible).

Turning His glory into shame. Loving vanity. Seeking lies. I've been there.

“...one thing I do: I forget that which is behind, and endeavor myself unto that which is before, and follow hard toward the mark, for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus...for many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is damnation, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is to their shame, which mind earthly things. But our conversation is in heaven, from whence also we look for the Savior, even the Lord Jesus Christ” (Philippians 3:13,14,19-20).

God, keep me, by the love of the Father, grace of the Son, and power of the Spirit, living Paul’s “one thing” rather than the anti-cross, anti-glory, lying vanity of Psalm 4:2.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page