Monday, December 12, 2011

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

One of the classic Christmas songs that we hear a lot this time of year is, “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…” Now, I can’t sing it like Bing Crosby but when I hear that song sometimes I wonder; ‘what does Christmas look like?’

I guess the song is talking about snow and maybe lights and decorations. But what does Christmas really look like? Is Christmas really something you can see? Isn’t it really more of a sensation or feeling? Isn’t the real Christmas more than putting up decorations and buying gifts? I asked myself, what is it about Christmas that makes it so different, so special?

And then I realized I was asking the wrong question… It’s not a question of WHAT; it’s a question of WHO! Who makes Christmas so special? Then I remembered Matthew 1:23 the angel said,
“He will be called Immanuel, which means God is with us.”
Did you hear that – God is with us! May I say it again, GOD IS WITH US!

That’s why Christmas is special; on that day we pause to remember, ‘God is with us.’ As Christians we’re not in this by ourselves.

Please, don’t lose sight of that again this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page