Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Chaplains Corner


The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.


Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

This week I went to the eye doctor for my annual checkup. I thought I was seeing OK but the doctor said I wasn’t. Our vision changes slowly so we don't notice it getting worse.

The same thing can happen spiritually. If we’re not careful, our vision of spiritual things can become cloudy and obscured. The eye doctor convinced me that there were things I was not seeing - things that I needed to see.

If we will take time to listen to the Lord; He will tell us that there are things that we are not seeing – but we need to. The doctor said I needed to be looking thru a new lens; the Lord tells us we need to see things thru His eyes. Our vision gets dim, but His is always clear.

What about the people around us, how do we see them? Matthew 9:36 says,
‘When Jesus looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. They were so confused and aimless, like sheep with no shepherd.’
When was the last time your heart broke as you looked at the people in your world? Is your vision dim? Do you need a spiritual eye exam?

Doctor Jesus is in His office waiting for you to keep your appointment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page