Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I've been thinking a lot about the idea of 'Shelter' lately. I guess that's because I've been dealing with lots of people who don't have adequate shelter.

Shelter is one of the three essential requirements for life, the other two being water and food. I know folks that live in some pretty fancy places. And this past week I bought a tent for a homeless man to live in. But listen, it's all temporary.

One of the things I have been reminded of in the last few weeks is that it doesn't matter what kind of shelter you live in; a storm can destroy it in just seconds. But there is one shelter that is permanent, eternal and will never be destroyed - no matter how hard the wind blows. Psalms 46:1 says,
"God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." (GNT)
May I ask you, what are you counting on for shelter; shelter from the storms of life, and shelter that will see you through eternity? Jesus told us that He was the only way to know real security. Do you know Him? Would you like to have a peace that even a tornado can't blow away?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page