Monday, June 13, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Boy, there sure have been a lot of weather related disasters lately. Everybody is saying there have been more storms this spring than anytime they can remember. And the worst may still be coming. Tornados are still a strong possibility, record snows melting will mean more floods, and the hurricane season is just about to start.

Yesterday I was standing on a hill looking over a small town here in AR that was just about wiped off the map by a recent tornado. Someone asked me if I thought God was trying to get our attention. I told them that I was sure He was.

Now, I really don't know a lot about the weather and don't really understand what causes storms, but I do know God wants our attention. He said so many times in His Word, the Bible. And 2000 years ago God sent His one and only son, Jesus, to get our attention and to tell us that
'God is not willing that anyone should be lost or spend eternity in hell, but He wants everyone to know Him and have eternal life.'
And whether it's a tornado or just a personal crisis God will use whatever He can to draw us to Himself. Jesus said, 'I'm knocking on the door of your life, please let me in. I want to be your Savior and Lord.'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page