Sunday, May 29, 2011

Daily Nugget


This was Saturday's, May 28th, 2011.



Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803–1882)

This statement was made over a century ago, but could have been made in the last decade about politician after politician. It could also have been made about several folks we have met and will meet in life. They have big "I" trouble. Their conversations are littered with "I," "I," "me," "me," "my," "my." If we have character, we will not have to advertise it. Our friends know and value it.

The only One truly worthy of honor is God. The wise writer of Proverbs 15:33 says,
“The fear of the LORD is wisdom’s instruction, and humility comes before Honor.”

"God, You alone are worthy of all honor.
Amen."

Bro. Bill

God is Good... all the time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page