Saturday, February 19, 2011

Daily Nugget




Saturday, February 19th, 2011.

Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.


A few years back Pepper Rodgers was in the middle of a terrible season as football coach at UCLA. The time even got so bad that it upset his home life. He recalls, “My dog was my only friend. I told my wife that a man needs at least two friends, and she bought me another dog.”

Many of us have reached levels of depression when we have felt no one is there to encourage and comfort us. At one of my lowest points, the Holy Spirit spoke to me, reminding me that Jesus went to the cross alone on our behalf. He reminded me that even though Christ was rejected on earth, He was loved and accepted by The Heavenly Father. The writer tells us God says in Hebrews 13:5:
“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
When you are low, when you feel no one cares, look for Him; He is there with you.

"God, thank You for Your presence in the bad times as well as the good.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God is Love. Let us reflect that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page