Sunday, November 07, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

What an awesome responsibility it is to be in politics. I have never really thought about it that much until it happened to me. As most of you know by now I have been elected to serve on our City Council; a special thanks to those who helped us achieve that.

May I repeat myself for emphasis; What an awesome responsibility it is to be in politics. As I try to envision all that entails I am reminded of these words from the Bible,
"I urge you, first of all, to pray . . . Ask God to help . . . kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth." (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
I spend a great deal of time praying for, and with, folks. People are always asking me to pray about things in their lives and I count that a great privilege and honor. But now, more than ever, I am the one needing prayer.

And of course I am not alone in this need. All of those who sit in positions of authority are in desperate need of guidance from the Lord. Many of them acknowledge that, but some do not; and they need it the most.

In closing I want to remind you of the scripture that I have chosen as my verse for serving as Alderman,
"Work for the success of the city I have sent you to. Pray to the Lord for that city (that means praying for the leaders). If it succeeds, you too will enjoy success." (Jeremiah 29:7)
Let's all be in prayer for our cities, states and country, and please pray specifically for the Chaplain as I seek to honor the Lord by serving as an Alderman for our city.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page