Saturday, October 23, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

For this week's Minute Message I would like to consider the subject of marriage. The reason is because on 10-28-10 Blossom and I will celebrate our 44th Wedding Anniversary; P T L!

When I think about that I remember what it says in Proverbs.
"A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find! Her husband depends on her, and she never lets him down. She is good to him every day of her life"
Proverbs 31:10-12 (CEV)
Of all the temporal blessings the Lord has given me, my wife is the best. Every day I realize more and more how special she is. A wedding anniversary is a good time to be reminded that it is imperative that we value and honor the institution of marriage.

Our world has forgotten what God's Word teaches about this foundation of society and we are paying a high price for forgetting. You cannot read a newspaper without reading about problems that can be traced back to the break-up of the family. God's
Word is plain,
"Have respect for marriage. Always be faithful to your partner, because God will punish anyone who is immoral or unfaithful in marriage."
(Hebrews 13:4 CEV)
Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but those should be few and far between. Is marriage always easy, always a bed of roses? Of course not. But just because there are difficulties does not mean we can throw in the towel. Too many of us are looking for the easy way out - and that's always easy to find.

If you're interested in God's views on marriage here are some additional verses you can look up: Gen. 2:24, Mat. 5:32, Mark 10:9, Rom. 7:2, and 1 Cor. 7:10-11.

Does it get complicated? Sometimes. But I think it's really a question of 'Lordship'; am I willing to do what God tells me to do - even if it's hard? Or to put it another way, who's really calling the shots in my life, me or Him?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page