Tuesday, July 06, 2010





Guest blogger... Debra's Corner... has just returned from a mission and has a word... or two... for us today.

Here is the latest.

Do we really want the USA to be known as a Christian nation?

I ask this because I have recently returned from a visit to the other side of the world. In this "third world country," I witnessed women who dressed more modestly than the majority of the women I see daily.

I saw the craziest driving system with people cutting in and out and two lanes becoming three lanes, but what was impressive was the demeanor of the drivers. No one was shouting, cussing, or pulling guns on the people cutting them off. Everyone remained calm.

I felt safer walking down the dark, dirty alleys of this strange country than I do the parking lot of Walmart in the neighborhood I live in. I saw people setting out offerings daily that they had prayed over to their "god." (When Yahweh is lucky if He gets an hour a week from most Christians.)

Then I went to my hotel room and got to see what this Christian nation sends to this country via the TV. If I heard the name Lady Gaga once, I heard it a hundred times, as if she is our new national hero.

There were only a few American stations. Animal Planet and Discovery showed their normal shows. Bravo was showing their usual reality stuff. The station FX had its usual filth on, and E! showed "Keeping up with the Kardashians" several times a day (as if that is the lifestyle of all Americans.)

I guess one of the shockers I encountered was the "Hallmark Channel" I have watched numerous movies on Hallmark, and the ones I have seen have been pretty good. So, I thought I would be safe with it. WRONG I am watching this movie and the language was shocking, not to mention the storyline which seemed to be saying that adultery is ok. So, I went back to changing channels.

My next shocker was a channel (I don't remember which one) which was advertising a new special called "Gary and Todd are pregnant" So, the tv went off. At first, I was furioius with these channels for promoting Americans this way. Then, God convicted me.

I watch the "Kardashians" sometimes, and I like some of the reality shows on Bravo and I have convinced myself that it was OK to watch them since I knew homosexuality is wrong and promiscuity is wrong. But seeing those lifestyles being shown halfway around the world as normal "Christian" Americans makes me sick. And I have supported these stations by watching this crap!

By the way, where I was, if you were white and from America, then you are automatically a Christian - besides, don't we boast that we are a Christian nation? How our Father must weep when He hears that!

My pastor has been teaching the importance of praying for God's reputation - Christians, if we are to claim this nation as God's, we must protect His reputation! Please join me in praying for His reputation and no longer supporting (justifying) those things that bring harm to His reputation.

--
Debra
Administrator of Christian Academy

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Romans 8:28-29

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page