Saturday, January 30, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

This week I heard an interesting oxymoron, “Selective Lordship”.

If I get to decide which parts of my life I'm going to let Jesus have His way in, can I really say He’s Lord? The word Lord, is all about who is the controller; who calls the shots. If I'm deciding that there are certain parts of me Jesus can't have, then who's really in control?

In Luke 6:46 Jesus asked a haunting question. He said, “Why do you keep on saying that I am your Lord, when you refuse to do what I say?” (CEV) Wow, I’ll bet that was embarrassing! If you and Jesus had a one-on-one conversation He might very well ask you that question.

What areas of your life is He still locked out of?

Could it be that you have some bitterness that He wants you to let go? Or maybe it’s your temper that stubbornly defies His control. Maybe there's a relationship you won't let him touch. Maybe your "dark side" is a sinful habit that you won't let Jesus get you out of. Maybe it’s the lust that continues to poison your heart with images and fantasies that thumb their nose at God's holiness.

Pride is a sin that many Christian ignore. But God hates it. Pride of position, pride of accomplishment, pride of appearance, pride of ability; they're all deep darkness that desperately needs the light of Jesus to shine on them.

Are you really letting Him be the Lord of your life?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page