Wednesday, July 22, 2009



Wednesday, July 22nd. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

When Abraham Lincoln was candidate for the presidency, someone asked him what he thought of the prospect of being president. With characteristic humor he answered, “I do not fear Breckinridge, for he is of the South, and the North will not support him; I do not much fear Douglas, for the South is against him. But there is a man named Lincoln I see in the papers of whom I am very much afraid. If I am defeated, it will be by that man.”

It is true we are our own worst enemy. We must rise up with the courage and respond to the challenge of the Prophet Joshua:
“Choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
(Joshua 24:15)

Get it right; go with God on your side.

"God, protect me from myself. Let me walk with You obediently in all areas of my life. Amen."

Thank You God, for Your mercy endures forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page