Thursday, January 02, 2014

Daily Nugget

     Thursday, January 2nd, 2014, Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.
 
“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us” (C. S. Lewis).

I have not straightened up because I am good. In fact, I really have not straightened up at all. I have no good in me except for Christ living in me. I can relate to these words from the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:18-19, “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.” 

Thankfully, in spite of me and what I lack, God Loves me. The Apostle Paul puts it this way: “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

God, thank you for loving us in spite of ourselves. Help us to allow You to show through us in a greater way. Amen.

Bro. Bill

In GOD we Trust!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page