Thursday, March 15, 2012

We were all cheated




Losing a child to death brings a myriad of emotions ... all complicated ... all different ... all difficult.


Fran speaks today about ... a too early departure ...


I am happy for you that those words gave you comfort. However they would be of no comfort to me. Our son Sean died much too young. He had so many hopes and dreams he wanted to complete and never had the chance to do so. I turn to my faith (Episcopal) often but I hate that a wonderful young man that was so loving and giving left us much too soon. He should have gone to that "better" place when he was an old man who experienced all that our earthly journey gives to us, the good and the sad.

His daughter was 6 yrs. old when he died and she is deprived of not having a Daddy to help and guard her, she will never experience being the Princess that comes with his loving her. Luckily no one has ever said that to me because it would have hurt me and not sure how I would have responded to that person. I probably would have thought that person did not mean any harm, was just ignorant of how much the pain of having your child die is. Again Sean had plenty of time to get to that "better" place AFTER he had the time to experience all that life has to offer. We were all cheated by his untimely death.

Fran
Father, Yahweh, I pray today for Fran, and all who have lost a child. I pray that You will be present in their pain and sorrow, and that each will find the inner strength of Your Grace ... for the journey that each day now holds for them and their loved ones.

God bless them today.

xtnyoda, shalomed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page