Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Chaplains Corner



The Chaplains Corner

Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

This past week I went to the County Fair. I stopped by and looked at the livestock and was reminded of something that happened many years ago.

Someone gave us a baby pig to rise; and it became a real pet. When I came home from work I would go out to the pen and pet the pig - then I would go in the house and my wife would say, "you've been petting that pig haven't you." She didn't see it, but she could certainly smell it.

The transfer of that odor reminds me of a V I P (a Very Important Principle) from God's Word the Bible. The principle is this, 'Bad rubs off, but good doesn't.'

You can read that in the Old Testament in Haggai 2:12-14. The N T equivalent is in 1 Corinthians 15:33, Don't let anyone fool you. "Bad companions make a good person bad."

Do you want another example; sickness is contagious, but health is not. It's the same principle. That's why we need to be very careful who we hang out with.

The Bible also says that one way we can know we are true Christians is because we like to hang out with other Christians (John 13:35). May I ask, is that true in your life? Who do you hang with?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page