Sunday, November 28, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I've been thinking about prayer; Jesus had a lot to say about it.
"Pray continually"
"Ask and you shall receive"
"Watch & pray so you don't fall into temptation"
those are just a few of the admonitions about prayer that we find in scripture.

Revelation 5:8 tells us that the Lord saves our prayers - like we might save a recorded message from a loved one. Sometimes, when I have to be out of town for a while, I call home and say to my wife, "I just wanted to hear your voice." I think that's one of the reasons the Lord told us to pray - He likes to hear our voice.

He doesn't need us to pray so that He'll know our needs. He knows everything, including our needs - even before we ask. He doesn't need us to tell Him what's on our minds - He knows everything. He doesn't need us to tell Him anything, but He wants us to tell Him everything. He likes to hear our voice.

Is that cool or what? God likes to hear our voice. That makes me feel kind of special. In Psalm 91:15 the Lord said, "When you call to
me, I will answer you."
When was the last time He heard your voice call His name?

He's still waiting on your call.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page