Thursday, October 28, 2010


Thursday, October 28th, 2010. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

I do not ever remember begging my mother to give me a spanking. I do remember, however, the feeling of impending shame and the dread of the consequences when she would give me the warning, “Just wait until your Dad gets home." Thinking back, I wonder why I never thought to ask her to go ahead and get it over instead of waiting in the shadow of shame.

Even now thinking back, I hurt to think how my sins cause me shame and how the consequences cause separation from God. The very thought drives me to confess my sins and come clean before God. I am proud we are able to find the remedy for cleansing in 1 John 1:9, in which we are told,
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

"God, thank You for the way to bring us right back into Your fellowship.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

Have a Blessed day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page