Saturday, October 16, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Blossom and I were in Texas several days this past week attending a church conference. It was a long drive; TX is a BIG place.

As we were driving home I was thinking about how great it was going to be to get home. When we drove into our driveway I whispered a prayer of gratitude. I thought, it sure is good to be home.

Later as I was thinking about how good it felt to be home I remembered Philippians 3:20,
"But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven"
I wondered if I was looking forward to getting to my heavenly home as much as I was my earthly home? I can't honestly say that is always true in my life. I like to talk about heaven occasionally. I know what the Bible says about it; how great it will be. But how anxious am I to get there?

Reading church history you find the early saints had a real anticipation of heaven; I don't see that much today. I think we are so blessed here and now that the hereafter has lost its luster.

1 Peter 1:3-4 says,
"What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we've been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven - and the future starts now!"
John 14:2 tells us there will be a specially prepared place for each Christian. That should be exciting.

Rev.21:27 says nothing impure, shameful or deceitful will be there, how great is that! But somehow it just doesn't have the effect it should have. Does it?

I'd like to know what you think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page