Thursday, September 02, 2010



Thursday, September 2nd. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

Many people turn denominational adjectives into nouns. Instead of saying, I am a Baptist Christian, a Presbyterian Christian, a Catholic Christian, or an Orthodox Christian, they say, I am a Baptist; I am a Presbyterian; I am a Catholic; I am Orthodox, and so on. This is a distortion of values, for being a Christian is the important thing, and what kind of Christian we call ourselves is purely secondary.

The early Christians were called Christians, not necessarily as a term of endearment but as a means of describing their actions in following Christ. The writer of Acts 11:26 tells us,
“The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”
Our goal should be to let Christ always be first in all things.

"God, let me walk worthy of being called a Christian.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

Let others see Jesus in you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page