Saturday, September 25, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I had my eyes examined this week; it's time, I guess past time, for new glasses.

Several years ago when I got the glasses I've been wearing, they corrected my vision so that I was seeing very well. However over the years my vision changed and what I could easily see back then had slipped into the fuzzy realm. But I really did not notice it because it happened slowly, just a little at a time.

Our spiritual sight is subject to the same kind of changes. Over time things that were once clear can become hazy or distorted. Things that looked pleasant, holiness and devotion, lose their luster. And things that looked ugly, sin and worldliness, now don't look all that bad.

What happened?

We have lost sight of God. Or, better said, we have stopped looking Godward. And the longer we are in that condition the more clouded our vision becomes.

So, it's not really an eye problem, it's a heart problem. Matthew 5:8 says, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." It's hard to see God, or to even want to see God, when our heart is not pure. But when our hearts are pure we will see Him. And seeing Him will put everything else in perspective.

When we get our heart right with Him, when we really see Him, that takes away the haze and lets us see other things in a Godly light.

Have things been getting a little blurry lately in a spiritual sense? Don't get your eyes checked, ask Dr. Jesus to check your heart. And remember, "If we confess our sins to God, He can always be trusted to forgive us and take your sins away." 1 John 1:9

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page