Friday, August 20, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

Recently I re-read the story of Moses leading the children of Israel out of Egypt. About three months after God miraculously brought them out of Egypt they came to Mt. Sinai. This was a special place; this is where God gave the first Ten Commandments and many other supernatural things happened.

But before God gave the Commandments He sent a message to the people. In part it said,
"You have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself." (Ex. 19:4)
As you study the Bible, learn to look for what is not said as well as what is said. Many times what is not said can be very important and insightful. Like in this verse notice that God did not say, 'I brought you to this special place.' He could have said that, Sinai was indeed a special place. But God said, "I brought you to myself." That's what God really wants; for us to come to Him!

Sure there are special places where we can meet with God. Every week we go to a building called the church (or we should), that's a good place to meet with God. We have a Church Camp called Pinecrest up in the mountains above Clarksville, AR. It's a great place to get away and meet God. And there are other times and places like retreats that can be special. But let's remember what God really wants is not just that we go to some place to think about Him, He wants us to be with Him.

From Genesis to Revelation we hear God saying, 'I love you.' 'I want you close to me.' 'I want to share intimacy with you.' THAT IS WHAT YOU AND I WERE CREATED FOR - TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!

If that's not happening in your life - it probably explains the emptiness you feel. And, the closer you are to Him, the more completed and fulfilled you will feel. You might say, 'Chaplain, I'm not good enough to get close to God. I'm too sinful.' And I would say, 'you're right.

But Jesus is good enough, He is God's son. And He's the one inviting you into the family.' In Revelation 3:20 Jesus said,
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in"
Have you ever heard Him knocking? Have you ever opened the door of your life to Jesus?

You could do that today!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page