Friday, June 04, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

I saw it in the parking lot at the Convenience Store, but I wasn’t sure what it was. Only after I picked it up and looked closely could I really be sure it was a penny.

It had been run over countless times. Modern pennies are made of mostly zinc and only have a thin layer of cooper on the outside. The one I picked up had lost most of that plating and looked almost silver colored. It was so badly damaged that even President Lincoln was totally obliterated. I guess it was the most damaged penny I have ever seen. But you know what; it’s still worth one cent. It’s worth as much as a brand new, uncirculated coin.

I could have taken it into the store and spent it just like any other penny in my pocket. Now I didn’t spend it, I kept it. I have it on my desk to remind me of something very important. No matter how badly damaged a person is, regardless of the circumstances they have been thru, and in spite of how they might appear, they are still worth as much as every other person on this earth; and that’s a lot!

You may feel like that penny or know someone who does; discarded and damaged, all of your pretty coating rubbed off and just the bare insides showing. But you are as valuable to God as anyone else. He loves you with an undying love. God gave his son Jesus Christ, had him crucified on a cross, to pay for you. That makes you very precious. Isa. 43:1-4 says,
“…Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end— Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you … That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.” (the MSG)
WOW, how great is that?

Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re insignificant. You Are Very Special, God Said So.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page