Sunday, May 09, 2010



Sunday, May 9th. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

A teacher asked a boy this question on fractions: "Suppose that your mother baked an apple pie, and there were seven of you—your parents and five children. What part of the pie would you get?" "A sixth, ma’am," the boy answered. "But there are seven of you," said the teacher. "Don’t you know anything about fractions?" "Yes, teacher," replied the boy. "I know all about fractions, but I know all about Mother, too. Mother would say she did not want any pie!”

God has blessed each of us with a mother. This message is to all the moms who wore a coat for many years so their children could have better, who would refuse cake, pie or even meat so their children could have more. God bless you for the sacrifices you have made.

If you have a special memory of a sacrifice you (moms only), your mom, or a mother-figure to you made, please drop me an email to share it with me. If I can share it at a later date with others, let me know; otherwise, it will just be a part of my private thoughts.

Our children are a blessing from God, and as such, we are stewards to care for, protect, and teach them while they are in our trust. Remember the words of the writer of Colossians 3:23:
“Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord.”

Let us thank God for our Godly mothers.

"God, Thank You for my mother and for the mother of my children and for their influence on my life.
Amen."


Bro. Bill

God, we love You!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page