Thursday, April 08, 2010



The Chaplain's Corner




Guest blogger, Chaplain Paul, is one of the most effective chaplains in America today. He is an emergency responder to every situation.

Hey, this is the Chaplain again.

For this week’s message I want to talk about some of my favorite people, Dispatchers. April 11-17 is National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week or National Dispatcher’s Week as I like to call it. The dispatcher is the unseen and unsung hero of emergency services. This would be a good week for you to write a thank you note and send it to the 911 center. If you have the honor of knowing a dispatcher, be sure you tell them how much you appreciate their work.

If you want more info check this out: and I recommend the short video at: a day in the life of a dispatcher. Dispatchers are some very special people and they remind me of the very special Person - God.

Dispatchers work behind the scenes; most folks never get to see them, but we’re all glad that they’re there. That’s the way God usually works, just out of sight. Dispatchers are the voice that brings calm to frantic situations; just like God. They are the ones who have answers to the hard questions; just like God. They are the ones who send help when you really need it; just like God.

When you’re in a panic and don’t know what to do, the dispatcher does; just like God. And maybe best of all - 911 works 24/7/365, they are always there – JUST LIKE GOD. Dispatchers are great! But the truth is; sometimes, every once in a while, if you’re out of cell service or in a dead zone you might not be able to reach 911. Then what do you do? Aren’t you glad God is never out of reach – He is always there, no matter who, what, when, where or how.

Dispatchers are good – but God is awesome. Listen to what He says in Isaiah 41:10,
“Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady and keep a firm grip on you.” (the Message)
That’s my God.

Is He yours?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page