Friday, February 05, 2010



Friday, February 5th. Today's cherished Nugget from guest blogger Pastor Bill.

"You never realize the blessing of being born poor until you get over it."

In our abundance, we find ourselves rushing to acquire, fretting about keeping and bemoaning the fact that someone else might have more. Years ago, I intentionally misquoted the apostle Paul:
"I have learned to be abased and to abound, and I like abounding more."

Paul actually phrased it this way in Philippians 4:12-13:
“I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
The truth is that, in our lack, we find our dependence on God much greater; therefore, our satisfaction is more full.

"God, thank You for Your love and protection no matter what state we are in.
Amen."


God knows your situation, do you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page